Monday, August 27, 2012

Creme Fish Frog Review


FishFrog:      Colours: 9   Size: 4"    Weight: N/A      Pack Count:  5     
                        Leg Style: Buzz      Scent: None


Intro:

The Creme FishFrog is my first introduction into the Creme line of baits. I really liked the look of the bait when I saw it on-line and just had to have one. I have fished the FishFrog multiple times now and although I dont have any real complaints with this bait, I do find that it does not offer the user anything new or unique that is not already offered by some higher quality (or more readily available) products.

Overall Rating: 6.0/10
Each frog is rated on the following criteria: Quality, Castability, Presentation, Hook-up Ratio Available Options, Product Availability & Price

Quality: 4.0/5

As I kind of touched on above I have no real concerns with the quality or performance of this bait, and actually I think one area I can praise this bait would be in it's quality and durability. The body is built tough it holds hooks well and takes all the abuse a fish can throw its way. Haven't lost a leg yet!

Castability: 3.5/5

A nice arrow dynamic fish shaped design helps cast this bait for long distances., Couple that with a fairly hefty bait (for a soft plastic frog) the Creme FishFrog is a dream to cast. If you like to skip frogs, this beaut will do that to

Presentation: 3.5/5

Overall the FishFrog moves very well in the water. The fish shaped design allows you to easily pull the frog back to the surface after your cast and keep it up during the retrieve. The legs are solid and kick very well without having to keep up a high rate of retrieve. This frog has an odd bulbous belly that helps keep the hook point out of harms way so your retrieve should be uninterrupted (other then from fish hopefully)




Hook-Up Ratio: 3.0/5

No real complaints with the hook-up ration on the FishFrog, the body is made of a fairly pliable plastic that contorts easily. The only concern you may have is how dense the body is. It holds the hook very firmly and if you barrie it took deep you are going to be in some trouble. 

Availability: 1.0/5

Ok, so the availability of this frog kinda sucks. I cant even find it on the Creme site, and was only able to find it on two other websites.. one of which (TackleWarehouse) is obviously discontinuing them as they only have 1 color option in stock.

Options & Price: 3.0/5

Creme offers the FishFrog in 9 color options, and at an average price of $3.79 a pack or $0.75 a frog. This is a decent assortment and price for a smaller vendor.


Where to Find:
In case you are having a hard time finding these locally, here are some reliable options for you.

Tackle Warehouse ($3.89)*

Land Big Fish ($3.69)

* Tackle Warehouse only has one color left, so I beleieve they are discontinuing this product.


Equipment:

I threw the FishFrog on both my Dobyns 735c as well as my 805CBRM. I think I preferred the 735c as this frog still handles well with beefier rods and does not require the same amount of tip as other more finesse style frogs





No comments:

Post a Comment